QGA – Type A Gas Approval Applications
Before you begin...
This application process will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Please ensure you have all items required to process your application. Use our checklist below.
- Engage a local gas fitter to prepare/check the gas device and ensure it is brought up to Australian standards. The gas fitter will then cap it off/switch off the gas device until the gas safety test has been carried out by a Certifier.
- Complete the online application form including: Customer Details, Application Details, Specifications and Checklist. You will need to upload 3 photos:
- A photo of the complete gas device
- A photo of the appliance data plate and
- A photo of the front cover of the manual
- You also need to ensure, if there are any electrical components to the gas device, that it has been test and tagged or has an electrical safety certificate
- Check all information is complete, ensure your QGA Declaration and photos are uploaded, then submit the application along with your payment
- An invoice for the application fee of $165 (including GST) will be issued to you
- Once payment is received by QGA, your application will be assigned to a Certifier, who will contact you to discuss time, date and their costs to complete the gas safety test
- Once your gas device passes the gas safety test, the Certifier will put a QGA badge on the device and the information will be uploaded to the QGA compliance register
- Your gas fitter will then issue you with a Gas Compliance Certificate
Should you require assistance in completing the application, please call Administration on 1300 792 239.
QGA Type A Gas Applications
When you're ready to apply and you have your required items as per our checklist, you can complete your application